Jun 13, 2014

Why I chose to be an engineer?

Ever since I started my education I started losing my creativity, this is very true for most of us and if I am not wrong; for all of us. A child is said to be born scientist, child is a unique gift of nature. No two children are alike. To live in this world the child has to learn worldly things, some of it; not all of it. Hunting is unnecessary for an elephant but essential for a tiger. History has nothing to do with the banker or math with a singer. Why should an individual waste his entire life learning everything and knowing nothing?

There was no satisfactory answer for the above question as per my knowledge. My inner voice was always telling me not to experiment with the life and to spoil the very essence of living. I saw the theories which I just finished studying at my lower grade has changed. Those shit forced in our memory was proven wrong. This is what happening with science so called physics, chemistry. It was not like introducing the theories, or concepts and made us to think, but more likely mug up and vomit over the exam paper. Mathematics was little better when it compared to other subjects but due to lack of tutors motivations, applications in real life mathematics was also no better.

With all the permutations and combinations I made to very clear that I would take up engineering.  So that I stick to one direction, end of the day I will have mastery over a subject. And you know it will make you earn piece of bread very easily, quickly. At the most one can say proudly that he is independent of his or her parent’s hard currency. With my thoughts, and knowledge I felt engineering on your passion is the only solution for the problem. And education is not just the storage of knowledge, which even the hard disc can do but the creativity of making that hard disc. One can acquire knowledge at any time in their life by reading books, talking to people, visiting places so many ways and there is always a choice. But not when it enforced on a child and graded on those parameters.   

No comments:

Post a Comment